According to the last Rasmussen poll, 55% of Americans oppose the healthcare bill that is being considered in the Senate and 41% support it. Yet, the Democrats are chugging along ignoring the will of the American people.
The current healthcare bill in the Senate is giving most Americans a “sour” taste in their mouths. But for a few number of Americans this healthcare bill is satisfying their sweet-tooth craving at the expense of the majority of Americans. The “sour” taste is coming from the increase taxes, lower healthcare quality, pay now get later scheme, long-term price tag, and the payoffs/bribes to get the votes of certain Democratic Senators.
- Sen. Ben Nelson – D and Nebraska, population 1.78 million, will get $100 million plus an exemption from paying for Medicaid cost forever and ever, amen.
- Sen. Mary Landrieu – D and Louisiana, population 4.41 million, will get $300 million to offset the Medicaid cost
- Massachusetts, population 6.5million, $1.5 billion in Medicaid money
- Sen. Bernie Sanders – D and Vermont, population 0.62 million, will get $10 to $14 billion
- Sen. Chris Dodd – D and Connecticut, population 3.5 million, will get $100 million
- Big Pharma got a deal from Obama
- White House agreed to oppose any congressional efforts to use the government’s leverage to bargain for lower drug prices or import drugs from Canada — and also agreed not to pursue Medicare rebates or shift some drugs from Medicare Part B to Medicare Part D, which would cost Big Pharma billions in reduced reimbursements.
Holy cow! The second least populated state will get BILLIONS!!! That’s $16,129 to $22, 580 per Vermont resident. I am sure the millions of Americans who are unemployed would love to get that kind of money invested in creating jobs instead of paying off politicians for their votes.
All in all 24 million Americans in those states mentioned above will get the “sweet” taste in their mouths while the remaining 280 million will get the “sour” part.
What are the parts of this healthcare bill that gives the 280 million Americans a “sour” taste in their mouths?
- Insurance mandates that will raise premiums by 30% (no wonder the insurance stocks skyrocketed)
- Employers will have to pay 3x more to insure their employer (just like in California)
- One levy would take $15 billion from sick patients with high out-of-pocket medical expenses, including elderly and low-income patients. (I wonder if that is where the $10-14 billion that Vermont will get come from??)
- health savings account or flexible spending arrangement, there are taxes specific to those health plans, plus a third tax that would apply to all “consumer-directed” plans. (Kiss you HAS goodbye!)
- Another levy would tax medical devices, and another would tax prescription drugs; those two taxes would increase health insurance premiums by about 1 percent, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.
- $149 billion tax on those with high health insurance premiums; yet many face high premiums simply because they have expensive medical needs, making this yet another tax on the sick.
- $43 billion in cuts to nursing care and therapy for homebound Medicare beneficiaries
- health care coverage will be limited to what the government bureaucrats decide
- for low-income women will no longer screen women below age 50.
- government’s budgetary concerns, not patient’s health, is the determining factor for quality and access to health care
- overcharge young individuals’ rates to cost-subsidize older individuals’ rates and if you don’t pay it, there’d be a fine of about now is 2.5 percent of your income
- trillions of dollars in hidden tax increases (Yup. HIDDEN TAXES that will hit you like a freight train from behind.)
SO, after all Obama’s promises of hope and change, transparency in government, fiscal responsibility, and political remaking of how government operates, after one year of Obama, it is business as usual. Just like how they have been doing it. This time in grander scale of screwing hard working Americans.
The Most Transparent Administration Ever.
The Most Ethical Congress Ever.
What a joke!!!